Poetry Lessons, Free Printables & Student Poems
I’m thrilled to share the poetry lessons my 7th graders just completed. They rocked poetry. As a teacher, I loooove when teachers share ideas with downloadable worksheets, so that’s what you’ll get below! Most of all, I’m excited to publish my students’ model poems. Enjoy the Learning Experience & Leading Examples.
Poetry is Music & Music is Poetry.
Learning Experience: Haiku Poem
Model Texts taken from text book & favorite Haiku online.
- Teach syllables: 5,7,5 pattern
- Teach history of Haiku: Japanese poetry
- Teach subject matter of Haiku: nature
Leading Examples: Haiku Poems by My Students
Click on the Poem to Enlarge! Enjoy these young poets’ work . . .
Leading Example: Winning Limerick Voted by My Students
- Teach Limericks: Poetry through the Ages: Limerick at a Glance
- Students pair up to write a limerick.
- Put a number on the corner of each group’s limerick.
- Have another class read and judge the winner
- Select the top three. Announce by number.
- Pick Overall Winner from the 1st place poems.